Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation
The SRS designation is the premier credential in seller representation. It is designed to elevate professional standards and enhance personal performance. The designation is conferred by the Real Estate Business Institute (REBI) to real estate practitioners with advanced professional training essential to representing sellers. The SRS credential is recognized by NAR and will be populated in your NRDS record as well as on the applicable section of REALTOR.com.
The SRS Advantage
Ready to achieve a new level of professional growth and recognition? The SRS designation elevates professional standards, enhances individual performance, and recognizes real estate professionals who demonstrate the knowledge and skills essential for seller representation.
HOW TO EARN THE SRS DESIGNATION:
Any licensed REALTOR® who wishes to earn the SRS designation must complete specialized training and other experiential requirements. We offer both a classroom and online course to accommodate learning preferences and schedules.
The first step in earning the SRS Designation is to complete the Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation Course.
Once our office has received the student roster from the course provider/sponsoring organization, please allow up to 10 business days for processing. You will then receive an email from our office containing instructions on how to complete the designation requirements (outlined below).
SRS DESIGNATION REQUIREMENTS:
(EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2017)
All requirements must be completed within two (2) years of taking the SRS Course or the applicant must re-take the Course. Only REALTORS® who meet all of these requirements and have been officially awarded the SRS designation are permitted to call themselves an SRS and use the SRS credential, emblem and/or logo.
- Successful completion of the Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation Course.
- Successful completion of one SRS elective course.
- The elective course may be taken prior to completing the SRS Designation Course.
- Click here for a current list of approved elective courses.
- Verification of three (3) completed transactions in which you acted as a seller representative (one may be a lease). These transactions can be from any time and any or all may be as part of your role on a team. We only require your broker to confirm (through a signed form provided once you complete the course) that you closed the three transactions and acted as a seller representative.
- Maintain active membership status as an SRS and with the National Association of REALTORS®. Exception: international members of SRS do not have to be members of NAR.
The Administrative SRS Designation is awarded to members who have a real estate license but do not actively list or sell. This includes managers, brokers, owners or someone who works in an administrative capacity to assist in their office’s seller-representation business.
Click here to review the criteria for the Administrative SRS.
For more information: