Learning Library Inc. believes that your personal information deserves protection. We hold to the highest ethical standards and protect our members' right to privacy. We do not sell our data, nor do we allow partners or sponsors access to our mailing list. For this reason, we only gather information required to personalize your Learning Library experience.
While you can visit the site or preview any course without registering or providing any personal information, you will need to register if you want to take a course. Further, all financial information, specifically credit card details are not stored. Therefore it is a requirement that billing preferences be entered each time a course is chosen.
Collection and Storage of Information:
We will collect certain personal information, including your name, address, and e-mail address, when you register for our services or purchase our products. We maintain this information in our customer database. We may also collect additional information as in connection with special offers, contests, or other promotions. We may use "cookies" (see also Section 4) to recognize you and your access privileges on our site, as well as to trace site usage.
What does Learning Library Inc. use your personal information for?
- To build your Learning Library Inc. member account.
- To process your course registrations.
- To personalize the delivery of site content to you.
- To build and maintain your online report card.
- To provide the service or product requested; to enable billing and shipping; to provide you with information about related products and services, based on the preferences you have indicated; to improve our Web site; for development of new products and services; and for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes.
- We may also use personal account information and data collected through your personal identification to generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal use and for sharing with affiliates and advertisers. These statistics and aggregate reports will not contain any personally identifiable information. Your individual identity is always kept anonymous!
||How does Learning Library Inc. protect your personal information?
When you provide us with personal information or make a purchase, it's done through a secure server. One of today's most advanced security systems - Secure Socket Layers (SSL) - encrypts all information you provide before sending it to our own server. Only when it reaches Learning Library Inc. servers is your information decrypted.
Does Learning Library Inc. use "Cookies"?
Learning Library Inc. only sets cookies to increase the functionality of our website and to enhance your experience, as we are dedicated to providing you with the fastest, most effective browsing experience. A cookie contains a unique personal identification code and is used to:
- Save your personal member information and retrieve it the next time you visit the site.
- Personalize your experience by alerting you to features and information we think may be of interest to you.
- Cookies set by this site are:
- Session ID & Token: these are random numbers that are generated each time you enter the site. It is used for maintaining "state" in the site, and act as a key to the other values set for your visit.
- Various other values that let us know what courses are available to you, your course history, your course progress, etc.
- If you arrive at Learning Library Inc. with your Cookies turned off, you won’t be identified until you register and sign-in.
No personal data is transferred or stored in any cookie set by this site.
Does Learning Library Inc. disclose personal customer information to third parties?
- We do not sell or rent users' non-aggregated personal information to third-party companies, but we may decide to do so in the future. If this were to happen, Learning Library Inc. would announce such a plan by e-mail and ask you to "opt in". By default, we would assume that you would not wish to be part of such a program. If we didn't hear from you, your information will not be distributed.
- Learning Library Inc. reserves the right to co-operate with local, provincial and national officials in any investigation requiring either personal information -- including any personal information provided online through www.learninglibrary.com -- or reports about lawful or unlawful user activities on this site.
- to satisfy any law, regulation or government request;
- if such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to site operation; or
- to protect the rights or property of Learning Library Inc. and its users, sponsors, providers, licensors or merchants
[back to top]
E-commerce Securities & Guarantees
Learning Library Inc. uses technology and third party e-commerce transaction processing companies that ensures your payment information is kept confidential and secure.
Your Credit Card Guarantee:
- Most financial institutions or credit card providers either cover all charges resulting from unauthorized use of your credit card or limit your liability to $50 Cdn. If your bank or credit card provider does hold you liable for fraudulent use of your credit card, Learning Library Inc. will cover your liability up to a maximum $50 Cdn, provided the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own and was a result of purchases made at Learning Library Inc.
- In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
You may review and approve the information about what you collected upon registration in our customer database. Upon request, we will remove that information from our customer database or change/correct personal information that you state is erroneous. However, you should understand that information about you in our databases may come from a number of sources, including orders placed by you.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to Learning Library Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learning Library Inc. is not responsible for the privacy policies of Web sites to which this site may link.
[back to top]