This course focuses on the knowledge and skill base that real estate professionals need to specialize in buying, selling, or managing second homes in a resort, recreational, and/or vacation destination and properties for investment, development, or retirement.
Course learning objectives are as follows:
- Adapt core real estate skills for building a resort and second-home business.
- Identify referral network resources and gaps.
- Apply knowledge of your market, customer/client profile, motivations for a second-home purchase, and trends to develop business building strategies.
- Adapt your skills to work with affluent buyers and luxury properties.
- Help clients and customers evaluate and select the type of property, form of ownership, investment strategies, and financing options that meet their second-home objectives.
- Comply with SEC guidelines regarding investment advice.
- Alert customers and clients to the tax treatment of second-home vacation and investment properties.
- Examine the impact of short term rentals on the resort and second-home vacation and investment properties.
- Identify the potential impact of trends and issues on resort and second-home properties, business strategy, and client and customer service.
Earning the Resort and Second Home Property Specialist Certification (RSPS)
After completing the core course, students are required to submit an application with a one-time fee of $194.50. Visit www.nar.realtor to view the RSPS certification requirements and application.
The Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) is an official certification of the National Association of REALTORS®. By earning the certification, REALTORS® can distinguish themselves among peers and consumers in resort and second-home markets. It says that the Certification holder has the specialized skills, knowledge, and insights to help buyers and sellers make informed decisions about second-home properties for vacation and investment.
Please click here to determine if you have necessary software to run the product.
You will have access to your course for 12 months from the date of purchase. After one year, the course will expire. No extensions will be given after the course expires; if you do not complete the course during the 12-month timeframe, you will need to repurchase it at full price and start again at the beginning.
Continuing Education Information
- Click on your state on the map below to verify CE is offered for this course:
- The CE Shop manages the CE credit program for most of the Center for REALTOR® Development courses. If your state is listed as approved for CE Credit, the CE credit, for the number of hours indicated, is automatically included at no additional charge. After a course is completed, you will be prompted to complete the remaining steps to earn your CE Credit (complete survey and digital signature). If for some reason you do not complete those steps immediately you can get to those steps in few ways:
- you will receive an email from The CE Shop linking to those steps
- they are linked from the My Learning page under the course title box
- you can simply login at The CE Shop site to access a copy of your certificate at www.theceshop.com/login
- If you are experiencing CE issues please contact CE Shop toll free at 1.888.827.0777 or email@example.com.
- If your state does not offer CE you may take the course and benefit from the knowledge and enhanced professionalism, but you will not receive CE credit.
- For additional important details related to courses with CE credit, visit the "CE CREDIT" section of our FAQ.
- Unless otherwise noted, the hours indicated fulfill elective credit requirements.