At Home With Diversity is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the class teaches how real estate professionals can increase their sensitivity and adaptability to future market trends. Additionally, you will learn to thrive as an effective service provider and community leader. The course addresses issues of diversity, fair housing, and cultural differences. All three subjects are closely related and have value for real estate professionals who must serve diverse local markets.
- Analyze U.S. demographic information to interpret the impact of current trends on the real estate industry.
- Define terms related to diversity, equity, and inclusion to increase awareness of such words and ideas, and to appreciate people’s individual differences.
- Explain how inclusion is the goal of diversity sensitivity and how it will increase business.
- Discuss effective communication styles and how to provide equal service to clients in multicultural local markets.
- Describe the goals of fair housing laws and the One America Principles.
- Ensure you are advertising on social media in ways that do not discriminate.
- Offer your clients an increased level of understanding of cultural attitudes, practices, and communication differences, as well as business norms and etiquette.
- Summarize personal goals, objectives, and strategies to create a business plan that incorporates diversity.
How to become AHWD Certified:
- Be a member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Successfully complete the one-day At Home With Diversity course.
- Upon course completion, receive email with link to submit the application fee. Pay one-time application fee in the amount of $75 to become certified.
Please click here to determine if you have necessary software to run the product.
For majority of states, you will have access to your course for 12 months from the date of purchase. After one year, the course will expire. No extensions will be given after the course expires; if you do not complete the course during the 12-month timeframe, you will need to repurchase it at full price and start again at the beginning. Please check the map for your specific state. Please Note: Course expirations vary for the states of NC, IA, DC, and OK. Please see each state's pop-up information when you click on the map.
Continuing Education Information
- Click on your state on the map below to verify CE is offered for this course:
- The CE Shop manages the CE credit program for most of the Center for REALTOR® Development courses. If your state is listed as approved for CE Credit, the CE credit, for the number of hours indicated, is automatically included at no additional charge. After a course is completed, you will be prompted to complete the remaining steps to earn your CE Credit (complete survey and digital signature). If for some reason you do not complete those steps immediately you can get to those steps in few ways:
- you will receive an email from The CE Shop linking to those steps
- they are linked from the My Learning page under the course title box
- you can simply login at The CE Shop site to access a copy of your certificate at www.theceshop.com/login
- If you are experiencing CE issues please contact CE Shop toll free at 1.888.827.0777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your state does not offer CE you may take the course and benefit from the knowledge and enhanced professionalism, but you will not receive CE credit.
- For additional important details related to courses with CE credit, visit the "CE CREDIT" section of our FAQ.
- Unless otherwise noted, the hours indicated fulfill elective credit requirements.