Baby Boomers represent the largest and wealthiest group of buyers and sellers in the country. Understand what motivates this growing market and how to address their needs with the prestigious SRES® (Seniors Real Estate Specialist®) designation.
This 12 hour training program offers real estate agents the unique opportunity to learn and build key skills in counseling adults age 50+ through selling their family home, buying rental property, moving to a senior community, among many other issues. Seniors Real Estate Specialists® learn how to:
- Identify demographic generational groups based on age.
- Challenge stereotypes about older adults’ activities and interests.
- Consider how economic challenges affect retirement plans.
- Acquaint clients and customers with desirable community and home features for aging in place.
- Apply knowledge of age-based homeownership cycle in order to help clients and customers find homes that fit their preferences, life stage, and needs.
- Distinguish between types of elder housing options that offer assistive services.
- Identify situations in which a home equity conversion (HECM) mortgage would be helpful and appropriate.
- Gain an overview of tax issues of concern for 50+ clients and customers.
- Avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters and maintain focus on the real estate transaction.
- Develop business building outreach methods for gaining and communicating with the 50+ market.
- Develop services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor.
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve 50+ clients and customers.
SRES® Member Benefits:
- National recognition as an official NAR designation
- The SRES® Professional, a quarterly eNewsletter with information about senior-related issues, such as legislative initiatives, financial and legal matters, and housing trends
- Customizable SRES® consumer newsletters
- Library of customizable marketing letters and scripts
- Customizable, downloadable marketing materials: logos, brochures, ad slicks, postcards, press releases, news articles, and more
- Listing in a searchable online directory of SRES® designees, which can be viewed by potential clients and referrals
- Certificate and lapel pin
- Consumer website (www.sres.org)
- Moving On brochure and toolkit for your clients
- Access to an online network of resources to support your business
SRES® Designation Requirements:
- Successful completion of the SRES® Designation Course
- Membership in good standing of the SRES Council. The SRES® Designation Course fee includes 1 year’s membership in the SRES® Council (annual dues are $99 thereafter).
- Membership in good standing in the National Association of REALTORS® or an NAR cooperating association.
The SRES® designation course counts as elective credit for the ABR® and CRS designations.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.SeniorsRealEstate.com.
Please click here to determine if you have necessary software to run the product.
You will have access to your course for 12 months from the date of purchase. After one year, the course will expire. No extensions will be given after the course expires; if you do not complete the course during the 12-month timeframe, you will need to repurchase it at full price and start again at the beginning.
Continuing Education Information
If your state is listed below, CE credit for the number of hours indicated is automatically included at no additional charge. The CE Shop manages the CE credit program for most of the Center for REALTOR® Development courses. After a course is completed, you will receive an email from The CE Shop with the steps that need to be taken to receive your CE credit.
If your state is listed below with unique CE Administrator noted, CE credit is administered as per individual instructions provided and additional fee, if any, is indicated.
If your state is not listed below, you may take the course and benefit from the knowledge and enhanced professionalism, but you will not receive CE credit.
For additional important details related to courses with CE credit, visit the "CE CREDIT" section of our FAQ.
Unless otherwise noted, the hours indicated below fulfill elective credit requirements.