NAR Green Day 2: Representing Buyers and Sellers: Resource-Efficient Homes, the second course in the designation program sequence, focuses on applying your knowledge of resource-efficient, smart, and certified homes and adapting your core real estate skills to build business success in the niche market for resource-efficient homes.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Respond to consumer perceptions of what green means in relation to home features.
- Differentiate characteristics and motivations of consumers: cost savings, health, sustainability, and lifestyle.
- Recognize the interrelationships between green lifestyles and home values, particularly affordability, in urban, suburban, and rural settings.
- Describe the correlation between home values and public transportation that offers access to services and employment.
- Describe the benefits for consumers and appraisers of searchable green fields in the MLS.
- Help clients and customers understand the appraisal and pricing of resource-efficient homes with green features.
- Present the green features of sellers’ homes to best advantage in marketing efforts.
- Use energy-usage data appropriately in marketing a home.
- Match properties to buyers’ needs, wants, and priorities in a home with green features.
- Help buyers see the potential for retrofitting existing homes to improve energy efficiency and enhance value.
- Find community involvement opportunities to raise awareness of sustainability and set an example through business practices.
- Identify a team of professionals who can build, rate, and maintain resource-efficient homes to connect green-minded home sellers and buyers with the service resources they need.
Established by the Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council (REBAC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Association of REALTORS®, the Green REsource Council was founded to make the knowledge of green real estate practices available to everyone. We accomplish this by focusing our attention on providing sustainable education to real estate agents—the link to millions of home buyers, sellers and builders. We also work to promote NAR's Green Designation by growing consumer and builder awareness and supporting green real estate advocacy.
Please click here to determine if you have necessary software to run the product.
You will have access to your course for 12 months from the date of purchase. After one year, the course will expire. No extensions will be given after the course expires; if you do not complete the course during the 12-month timeframe, you will need to repurchase it at full price and start again at the beginning.
Continuing Education Information
If your state is listed below, CE credit for the number of hours indicated is automatically included at no additional charge. The CE Shop manages the CE credit program for most of the Center for REALTOR® Development courses. After a course is completed, you will receive an email from The CE Shop with the steps that need to be taken to receive your CE credit.
If your state is listed below with unique CE Administrator noted, CE credit is administered as per individual instructions provided and additional fee, if any, is indicated.
If your state is not listed below, you may take the course and benefit from the knowledge and enhanced professionalism, but you will not receive CE credit.
For additional important details related to courses with CE credit, visit the "CE CREDIT" section of our FAQ.
Unless otherwise noted, the hours indicated below fulfill elective credit requirements.