At Home With Diversity is an educational experience designed to present a picture of the changing face of the real estate industry. More importantly, the class teaches how real estate professionals can increase their sensitivity and adaptability to future market trends. Additionally, you will learn to thrive as an effective service provider and community leader. The course addresses issues of diversity, fair housing, and cultural differences. All three subjects are closely related and have value for real estate professionals who must serve diverse local markets.
- Analyze U.S. demographic information to interpret the impact of current trends on the real estate industry.
- Define terms related to diversity, equity, and inclusion to increase awareness of such words and ideas, and to appreciate people’s individual differences.
- Explain how inclusion is the goal of diversity sensitivity and how it will increase business.
- Discuss effective communication styles and how to provide equal service to clients in multicultural local markets.
- Describe the goals of fair housing laws and the One America Principles.
- Ensure you are advertising on social media in ways that do not discriminate.
- Offer your clients an increased level of understanding of cultural attitudes, practices, and communication differences, as well as business norms and etiquette.
- Summarize personal goals, objectives, and strategies to create a business plan that incorporates diversity.
How to become AHWD Certified:
- Be a member in good standing of the National Association of REALTORS®
- Successfully complete the one-day At Home With Diversity course.
- Upon course completion, receive email with link to submit the application fee. Pay one-time application fee in the amount of $75 to become certified.
Please click here to determine if you have necessary software to run the product.
You will have access to your course for 12 months from the date of purchase. After one year, the course will expire. No extensions will be given after the course expires; if you do not complete the course during the 12-month timeframe, you will need to repurchase it at full price and start again at the beginning.
Continuing Education Information
If your state is listed below, CE credit for the number of hours indicated is automatically included at no additional charge. The CE Shop manages the CE credit program for most of the Center for REALTOR® Development courses. After a course is completed, you will receive an email from The CE Shop with the steps that need to be taken to receive your CE credit.
If your state is listed below with unique CE Administrator noted, CE credit is administered as per individual instructions provided and additional fee, if any, is indicated.
If your state is not listed below, you may take the course and benefit from the knowledge and enhanced professionalism, but you will not receive CE credit.
For additional important details related to courses with CE credit, visit the "CE CREDIT" section of our FAQ.
Unless otherwise noted, the hours indicated below fulfill elective credit requirements.